Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Embarrassing Shark Tank Speech!!!


After watching my Shark Tank speech, I realized how awkward I was standing up there, occasionally stepping forwards and backwards. The plus side was that I was constantly using hand gestures and moving my eyes around the room. Overall, it was embarrassing to even sit alone and watch myself speak.

A problem I had when delivering the speech was that I was so worked up about having the perfect speech and memorizing what I was going to say that at the moment I was in front of the class, my mind just went blank and I never managed to give important details that I planned to include in the speech. Although I usually sound weird when it comes to videos, I do believe that I spoke loudly and clearly throughout the speech and I had many pauses in between statements left for thought.

I am totally mad at myself about my grade and nothing is going to change that. However, it was my first experience with having a speech that long without a script and because of that, I have learned some valuable lessons when it comes to public speaking. Next time I would like to create an outline of my speech rather than have it scripted and I would try to talk how I normally do when I have a conversation with someone because the audience would rather hear someone who just seems real than someone who practically acts like a robot when speaking (that was probably how I was when I did my speech). It is almost impossible to get rid of the nerves, but being myself and having enough research are the best ways to getting a higher grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment